Thursday, May 17, 2007

Today I woke up to discover the sky gray and heavy, rain battering my windows, and lightning breaking across the sky. Also discovered a shaking, shivering, frightened puppy in my bed. It was adorable. But also hairy and scratchy. Then I climbed out my window and sat on the verandah roof, watched the storm... it was lovely in a way. I love how you can feel all the electricity coursing through your body, and the way your hair stands on end at the back of your neck, and your body feels so at place in the universe. Its exciting. That could partly be due to the fact that there is a possibility one could be struck by lightning, but hey, its part of the experience. And then came a random conversation...

ROD: "My chest hair tingles"
ME: "That doesn't surprise me honey, its your super sexy sixth sense"
ROD: "Danger is afoot!"
ME: "Of course it is, you're around"
ROD: "This explains much"
*long pause*
ROD: "And can only mean my penis has become harder"
ME: "You should have been steralised at birth when you burst from your mother's womb"

But then a conversation regarding Kafka came about with a close male friend, and that kind of balanced out the stupidity in the universe. I think. The topic of conversation I believe was "What is the most dominant form of human intelligence"... we ended up on a shaky balance between political and spiritual. There were some rather good debates that accompanied it. A lot of people find it strange that the majority of my friends are male. Theres just something that seems to make the friendship so much more... endurable if its a bloke. I think the lack of girlish screaming and squeeling helps. Also the lack of pointless convesations about boyfriends...

Today's panties - red with a purple lace trim and 'cutie' written on the side.

No comments: