Thursday, May 24, 2007

The A - Z of Alcohol (part four)

N is for Nausea
The horrible thing that can follow a wonderful night of drinking.

O is for Ouzo
A wonderful friend of mine 'S' gave me this one (as a beer drinking girl, you'll have to forgive me). He says "It tastes like aniseed, I think its got anise in it - its clear, and bloody strong!"

P is for Port
I don't particuarly know why, but I love port. I guess its one of those christmasy kind of things, that you associate with warm fires and sitting under the tree opening presents. Although, in Australia you'd be MAD to have a fire going on Christmas day. And we're more likely to be drinking beer... but I guess its pretty stereotypical.

Q is for Queasy
Yet another horrible thing that follows a wonderful night of drinking.

R is for Rum
Or Captain Morgan's to be exact. This is one of those festive, seasonal kind of drinks that just makes one feel all happy and warm and fuzzy inside. Gets you absolutely plastered to boot. A nice side effect if you ask me. Whats better than the drink of pirates, I ask you? Something caused all that raping and pillaging and plundering. It was either insanity from the sun and being at sea so damn much, or rum.

No comments: