Saturday, June 9, 2007

This will be the last time I'll write something here for a few days. I'm going away with my new bloke and needless to say will be too... 'busy' to get to a computer. Vulgar, I know, but so incredibly honest. I was brought up knowing that honesty was always a good thing, that it was better to be honest than to lie to yourself and to others. But I have to wonder: Can honesty ever be too much of a good thing? Surely in some circumstances this answer is yes. But morally I feel that I should always be honest with those around me. Regardless of if it would hurt them or not. I think it would be better to be honest from the beginning than to risk many things by being dishonest. If a husband cheats on his wife, should he tell her and risk her happiness and their marriage? Or should he keep his mouth shut, and live with that guilt? Surely, a clever woman would realise eventually that there was something wrong... Its hard to have such an opinion when the example I gave is not one that I can relate to... It is times like this when you think how accurate the use of a 'sigh' can be.

"Honesty is the best policy"... if this is so, then why are surrounded by a world of lies? In a society where politicians run the world, and a politician is said to be worse than a car dealer (ahem), then I wonder when this saying fell into the wood work. Honesty is the best policy. I believe that with all of my being. And I have to wonder if there will ever come a time when I am forced to abandon it. Or forced to ignore it.

No comments: