Monday, April 23, 2007

Today was the boring day of the week. Housework day. Boring, yes... yes oddly satisfying. Seeing the home in dissaray and looking at it again in a few short hours - sparkling and clean, seeing your own face smile back at you in quite possibly EVERY shiny appliance in the house is a satisfying feeling... a feeling of triumph. "I HAVE CONQUORED THE DUST BUNNIES!!" she shouts from atop the kitchen bench and laughing at her own insanity. Strange how we tend to ENVY other people's insanity in a way... all one has to do is look at the proverbial 'rock-star' and realise what I'm talking about. The pure chaos and madness (and yes, insanity) of their everyday existance can make the average human being quite jealous. More than once you will hear a small blonde teeny-bopper whine "I want to be just like HER!". Poor child.

Anyway, after the ritualistic scrubbing, polishing and dusting of every reachable surface of the home, I played silly buggers with my dogs. Two blue heelers, the most lovely loyal companions a girl could ask for. Always lavishing you with love and affection and with what in return? A bowl of food once a day and a few treats here and there. I love my dogs. Turns out that (after standing in a steamy, squishy pile of dog excrement - disgusting but true. I apologise if you, dear reader, parted ways with your lunch) my dogs HATE a bath. Mention the very word and they turn and run like well... a dog possessed I suppose. Hiding under the bush at the back fence with their tails between their legs and covering as if I were sending them off to the glue factory. Ah... but this is where bribery comes into it. The power of a chocolate biscuit *evil grin*. That power, a girl knows all too well. As for the underwear? Yellow boylegs. Actually, thats what I wore for most of the day - what can a girl say? Doing the vaccuming in your undies is just one of those things...

No comments: