Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another day of domesticity, dotted with random acts of childishness and utter fun to be honest. A few loads of washing and some housework... then rolled around on the grass with my dog and played with her for HOURS... it was great. I love it when she's happy, and her tail wags so fast that her whole body moves with it. She's a lovely pup, but we didn't always have her. We rescued her from an abusive owner. The day we got her she was locked in the boot of a car on a forty degree celcius day for chewing a plastic coke bottle left in the back yard... she was so skinny and frightened... all bones... its lovely to see such a drastic change in her in such a short time span. Just a few months... four I think, maybe five that we've had her. I love her for her foolishness though, her clumsiness... you can tell now that she never really got to be a puppy... shes so silly and playful... and you can't wear her out no matter how much you try. I swear, she has energy coming out of her ears that dog. LOL. When she was a little tired, and sniffing after the cat that ran into the shed, I lay on the grass on my back and watched the clouds. And I remembered how good grass felt. And how long it had been since I'd done this.

Its funny how you forget the childish things... the innocent things.

And then the dog came and layed on my body and sneezed on my chin. That was charming but hilarious. A good friend of mine told me that "Life would be pretty dull without dogs"... and I think he's right. Just like the old man with his jack russel... like me and my heelers... dogs really are a man's (and a woman's) best friend. It doesn't substitute human contact though... emotional, physical, intellectual, psychological... even sexual (unless beastiality is your thing). A dog is great for comfort... for companionship... a best friend. Doesn't compare to waking up next to someone who's hopefully not QUITE so hairy as your four legged friend. As for today's underwear? Pale pink boylegs with newspaper print all over them. Yes, you can read my arse.

No comments: